Junior Data Scientist
Posted by: SomeDetect
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick or St.Catherines, Ontario
We are looking for 2 Jr. Data Scientists to help manage image and raw data resources. This position will be responsible for ensuring that our data resources are stored securely and managed effectively. Experience or interest with machine learning and computer vision is an asset. We are looking for a curious and tech-savvy data scientist who is passionate about IoT devices and is ready to work for a dynamic start-up. This position can be based in Fredericton, NB or St. Catherines, Ontario.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Some understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills.
- You have strong documentation and writing skill.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance