Planet Hatch Assistant - Ignite Fredericton, Planet Hatch, Knowledge Park
Posted by: Ignite Fredericton, Planet Hatch, Knowledge Park
Position Level: Student/Internship
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Do you enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment? Love meeting new people and discovering their various backgrounds? Do you understand the value in proper event facilitation and facility management? As a Planet Hatch Assistant, you will be the first point of contact for our guests and clients, supporting them as well as the organization. You will also assist with event coordination and facility maintenance, while supporting the activities and operations of Planet Hatch.
- Some completion of a Bachelor's Degree or college diploma (areas of business administration are considered an asset but not required)
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Self motivated
- Ability to work well under pressure, with competing deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to present a confident, professional demeanor
- Proficient writing, editing, and grammatical skills
The Assistant must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week during our hours of operation (8:00am- 4:30pm).
- Event and meeting support including arranging catering, preparing materials and assistance with set-up and registration.
- Perform reception functions and operate as first point of contact for guests and clients, including answering and triaging incoming inquiries.
- Assist in the day-to-day maintenance of the facility including room bookings, upkeep of space, and food & coffee.
- Interact with and assist Planet Hatch members with activities relating to the space.
- Assist with entrepreneurial services on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other duties as required.