Research Assistant - AGE-WELL National Innovation Hub APPTA
Posted by: AGE-WELL National Innovation Hub APPTA & UNB Faculty of Nursing
Supervisor/Primary Investigator: K.A.S.E Manager
Expected Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Expected Finish Date: 2020-03-01
Expected Number of Hours per Week: Full Time (36.25)
Location: York Care Centre, 100 Sunset Drive, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3A 1A3
The successful candidate will be working with the AGE-WELL National Innovation Hub, Advancing Policy and Practice in Technology and Aging (APPTA), in partnership with the University of New Brunswick Faculty Of Nursing. At the APPTA Hub, we support governments in generating opportunities to address the policy and practice challenges of an aging population so that all Canadians have access to optimal care across the country.
- Undergraduate degree in health science, health services, public health, health and public, journalism, psychology or related field with 1-3 years of experience in research. A Master’s Degree would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingualism will be considered a strong asset.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing social media platforms.
- Assist with the conduction of background research, literature reviews, evidence briefs, etc.
- Supporting existing AWNIH-APPTA knowledge translation activities: Hosting network events, seminars and (lunch & learn) workshops.
- Contribute to publications, presentations, summaries, research reports, and webinars, media relations instruments (e.g. press releases, web content, and social media).
- Other related duties.